Monday, December 11, 2006

December 10th, 2006 Koh Lanta, Thailand

December 10th, 2006
Koh Lanta, Thailand

I woke up this morning (8:00) with a pain in my right eye. I felt as though I had a grain of sand stuck in there. When Jackie woke up (9:00ish), she explained to me that I had probably scratched my eyeball!

After breakfast Jackie and I traveled into town with Jip (chip?). We stopped at the drug store and got some eye drops while the Jip picked up another person staying at Top View. I was desperate to get something to fix my eye because I was hit with a sharp pain every time I tried to look to the right.

Just before noon we made it back to our hotel. We headed down to the beach to meet up with Lisa and Alicia (or O-Lisa as they like to call her). After a quick dip (and lots of sunscreen) we decided to grab some lunch at one of the restaurants lining the beach.

Still recovering from a previous lack of food, Jackie and I ordered a lot of food! We ate chicken with macaroni, a tuna sandwich, and a bowl of spicy Thai soup. After lunch we returned to the sand and spent the next several hours playing in the water and relaxing on the beach.

At around 16:00 Lisa and Alicia decided to return to their room. Not ready to leave the waters edge, Jackie and I went for a long walk down the beach. We explored some of the intertidal zone and wandered around the point at the end of the beach. Just before sunset we deiced to meet back up with the girls.

After a quick rinse we reconvened at our corner table at the resort bar. Tired from a relaxing day in the sun, we ordered some food and watched another beautiful sunset. When the sun was gone and the sky was dark one of the hotel staff members put on an amazing “fire show”.

He did 4 routines in all. Twice we lit two ends of a rope on fire and did all types of cool tricks. The other two acts involved lighting both ends of a stick on fire and doing some awesome maneuvers. Everyone was very impressed!

At about 21:00 Jip came to our table and hung out with us for a while. He asked us if we would like to go to a local party with him. We were all torn as to what to do. Everyone wanted to go but also felt very tired. In the end, no one went. I decided to get some rest and hope that my eye would heal.

After a quick trip to the local internet café, headed to bed (22:00).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your eye is better! I'm glad to hear you are wearing lots of sunscreen...Hi to Jackie!

Stu Holdren said...

enjoy the lovely weather, it is a standard wet winter here.

Looks like a blast!