Friday, November 17, 2006

November 17, 2006 St. Katherine’s– Cairo, Egypt

November 17, 2006
St. Katherine’s– Cairo, Egypt

We were woken at 7:00 by a wakeup call. Even though I was not tired I struggled to get out of bed because it was so cold in our room. At 7:30 I met everyone else for breakfast in the lobby. It was a large, buffet style breakfast.

At 8:00 our minibus came and picked us up from the hotel. After securing our bags to the roof we started the 7-hour drive to Cairo. Amazingly, we only had 2 stops (lunch and pee).

It was a very long trip. Luckily, the bus was quite spacious and I had room enough to get into a supine position. We also passed the time by quizzing one another on movie trivia (B and I were by far the best) and doing crosswords out of a book. Sometime during the drive I was permitted to rename Mel’s stuffed animal Toe (it’s a camel…).

At 15:30 we arrived at Hotel Victoria in Cairo. The plan for the rest of the night is to use the internet, get some food, and get some rest. All in all it was an uneventful day of travel.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Wow Seany, I thik Ive said awesome enough. Don't worry about your camera, I'm sure you could get off a picture or two before it breaks... We'll miss you at thanksgiving... dunno where you will be then but give us a call here if you can. Keep up the good times

Unknown said...

Supine....? Nice vocab! It reminds me of that project we did in Biology.
The pictures are amazing, again. The huts look so cute!
&hearts

Stu Holdren said...

I'm beginning to realize that Camel Toe is a recurring theme in this trip.

I miss you!