Saturday, September 30, 2006

September 30th Munchen, Germany

September 30, 2006
Munchen, Germany

We woke up this morning feeling a little more tired than usual and incredibly hungry. I hustled off to breakfast to find B in the dinning room using the internet. After eating and showering we packed our stuff up and said goodbye to Kristina and Milly (who I have been referring to as Mildred).

I still find it totally crazy that we met these girls in so many different hostels across Europe. They were nice and offered to show us around Sydney when we get there in January.

B and I spent the rest of the morning using the internet and beeign rather lazy. Just after 13:00 we headed for the post office to mail some beer steins back to the US. Sorry to say, the post office closes at 9:30 on Saturday so we are going to have to lug the steins (which are rather heavy) around for a few more days.

From the post office we headed to the historic district of Munchen. Before we set out to see the sights we decided to grab some lunch. It was the worst service I have ever had at a restaurant. We were there almost an hour before receiving our food (not to mention we were totally starving). Still, once I got my weiner schnitzel (which I order because the description of the food was: weiner art!), I was happy because it was totally awesome!

As usual, we saw a lot of really cool buildings. Most of the day was spent on the street between Karlsplatz and Marienplatz. After paying a Euro to climb to the top of a spire and get a view of the entire city. It was an awesome view of all the famous buildings. After climbing down we were exhausted and headed back to The Tent.

On our way we saw the best street performer of all time. He was a statue robot water fountain with sound effects. He could stand perfectly still and then when he would move it would make a cool sound. The best part was that he would pose as a water fountain and have water come out of his fingertips and hair! B gave him a Euro. (Maybe you had to be there…)

We are currently stressed out and trying to find a place to stay for the night. Everywhere in town is totally full! We don’t know what to do but imagine it will all work out…Once we get that settled we are planning on heading to Oktoberfest to hang out (not drink).

PS – I have since learned that Oktoberfest is the worlds largest fair. About 6 million people attend each year!

PPS - This last photo is for Jackie so she can remember how sexy I am (taken last night):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you posted that picture! I had almost forgotten your beautiful face....

&hearts

Stu Holdren said...

I am tempted to make that picture my background...