Monday, August 16, 2010

Fri, August 13: Heading Home


I woke up a bit later than I planned, saw Cedric and Amelie one last time and had my final emotional goodbye. Once that was done I tried to clean up the apartment for a bit before deciding to go catch a glimpse of the Brooklyn Bridge.

After a brief view of the bridge I hustled back to the apartment and realized I was running short on time. I quickly showered, packed my bag, and did an online check-in.

From there I ran to the nearest subway and made my way toward the airport. I arrived at the Delta desk at 2:20 for my 3:15 flight. I was shocked when they informed me that I was too late to check a bag and that I would have to be rescheduled.

In order to be rescheduled I had to stand in a massive line and then argue with an employee at the desk for a long time. Eventually I was able to get the last seat on the 8:00pm flight to PDX. It also cost me an extra $50…

The flight was uneventful as I was super exhausted and slept most of the way. I arrived back home in Oregon just before midnight. I rushed out of the terminal to find my beautiful girlfriend waiting for me. We had a glorious reunion and then made our way to collect my baggage and head home.

THE END

Envirovet was one of the most amazing experiences ever and I believe it has had a huge impact on my future. I made wonderful friends, great connections, and had some mind-blowing experiences. But right now it is good to be home! 

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Sean,
I loved reading about your wonderful summer experiences. Your blog is fantastic! The Envirovets should use it to tell future students about the program!

I am glad that you saw Emily and Casey in NYC before they jetsetted off to Zurich.

Hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer. Hey to Jackie!

Sean said...

Glad you enjoyed the blog dearest auntie! It was great to see your daughter, her place is so fun! :)

Katrina Grube said...

Ur awesome!