Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Sunday July 4, 2010 FREE DAY

Happy Birthday the USA and to my Roomie Vincint!

8:00 am: Breakfast

10:00 am: Group Meeting

Dr. Beasley gathered us for a group meeting to discuss the options for the days activities. I chose to go on the beach trip. We loaded two vans with towels, snorkel gear, and other beach amenities. On the way we stopped at Wendy’s and the supermarket for food and beer.

The beach was awesome. The water was warm and the waves were fun. Unfortunately, I was having such a good time that I forgot to reapply sunscreen and ended up getting a pretty good burn by the end of the day (please don’t be mad mom!).

5:30 pm: Group Dinner

After a quick shower and some new clothes I loaded into the vans with my fellow Envirovets and we went out to a nice dinner on the beach. It was a lovely meal complimented with a few beers.

7:30 pm: Fireworks

When we were done with dinner we went to the docks to watch the Fort Pierce fireworks show. It was a unique experience for some of the international students but it was not the best show I have ever seen. Perhaps this was because there was a heavy rain during the show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do looked sunburned! (Do you have a good hat?) How great to get a visit from a manatee!